After a lot of updates and information today, it seems like the most likely place Jay might be, and the best use of resources is to search a local hill and surrounding areas.
The park, is Zamkova Gora. Evidently there are very steep sections of the park and it is hard to effectively search the area. They would like to to a very through search – if possible, what we’d call a grid search.
But to do this, they will need as many people as possible. Jeff Sloop [Jay's Grandson] would ask that everyone that can, please come to the Union office in Kiev, at Luk’yanovskaya ulitsa, 9/10B – (ул. Лукьяновская 9Б). (Phone: 467-50-49) He would like to keep people as safe as possible and not have anyone get injured while searching, so please use good judgement both in deciding if you can help, as well as when you are searching.
Even more helpful would be mountaineering people who might have ropes, harnesses and rock-climbing experience to search areas that are less accessible.
With both kinds of people we can have people searching the areas they are most capable of searching without having anyone in a place they won’t be safe in.
So, could you please contact any friends you may have in Kiev and the surrounding areas that could possibly take some time to search for Jay.
Again – I’m reachable via phone or email should you have questions or comments.
So, again – the request is this:
- Ask anyone you know in Kiev to come out and search for Jay
- When: 8a local time on Thursday, May 16, 2013
- Where: Meet at : SDA Union Office: Luk’yanovskaya ulitsa, 9/10B [ул. Лукьяновская 9/10А / ул. Лукьяновская 9Б]
- Google maps link: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=50.464012,+30.505832+&hl=en&sll=50.463477,30.505224&sspn=0.003118,0.005761&t=h&z=16
- What: They will be searching this area: Zamkova Gora [or Zamkova Hora]
- Google maps link: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=50.464012,+30.505832+&hl=en&ll=50.462183,30.511597&spn=0.006236,0.011523&sll=50.463477,30.505224&sspn=0.003118,0.005761&t=h&z=17
Also, if you or anyone there knows someone with ropes and harnesses and experience, please bring them. There are areas to search where these will be useful, perhaps necessary.
Thanks so much.
Please forward via email, facebook, twitter etc. We would really like to get as much participation as possible. Every hour that passes may be critical. Certainly things become more and more dire the more time that goes by that Jay isn’t found.